Are you considering getting a Brazilian wax for the first time? If so, you may be wondering how to prepare for it. This can seem like a daunting task, but you can make it a breeze with the right information.
In this post, we will discuss everything you need to know about preparing for your first Brazilian wax. In addition, we will cover what to do before your appointment and how to care for your skin afterward. Keep reading for more information.
What Is A Brazilian Wax?
A Brazilian wax is a hair removal treatment that removes all the hair from the bikini area. This is a popular method of hair removal, and many women choose to get it done regularly. Simply put, a Brazilian wax is a way to get your bikini line looking its best.
A bikini line wax is also a popular hair removal method for the bikini area. However, it is different from a Brazilian wax, in that it just removes the hair from the edges of the bikini area. A Brazilian wax removes all the hair from the pubic region, front and back.
You can go totally smooth or leave a small strip of hair in the front. It’s up to you!
Why Get A Brazilian Wax?
There are many reasons why people choose to get Brazilian wax. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Prepping for a special occasion (e.g., wedding, beach vacation, etc.)
- Trying to achieve a neater, cleaner look.
- Reducing the amount of hair that needs to be shaved or trimmed on a regular basis.
- Enjoying the feeling of being hair-free down there.
- Prevent ingrown hairs.
- Want to feel more confident and sexy.
- Hair grows back finer and slower after a few Brazilian waxes.
Hair growth in the bikini area can be quite dense and coarse, so it can be challenging to keep it looking neat and tidy with just shaving or trimming. A Brazilian wax can help reduce the amount of hair that needs to be trimmed regularly, which can save you time and hassle.
Read Top 10 Benefits of Waxing | Advantages of Waxingto learn more about why people choose to wax.
How To Prepare For Your First Brazilian Wax
Now that you know what a Brazilian wax is and why you might want to get one, let’s discuss how to prepare for your first appointment. Below are some tips to help make the experience as smooth as possible.
1. Grow Your Garden
The first step in preparing for a Brazilian wax is to make sure the hair in the pubic area is long enough. The hair should be at least ¼ inch long so that it can be properly removed.
So, how do you make your hair grow long enough in time for your appointment? Well, the best way to do this is to let it grow out naturally. Resist the temptation to shave or trim it down in the weeks leading up to your appointment. Just let it be and trust that it will grow long enough in time.
2. Take a Shower
In general, it’s probably a good idea to take a shower before your Brazilian wax appointment. This will help clean the area and remove any oils or dirt on the skin. It’s also a good idea to avoid using any products (e.g., lotions, oils, etc.) in the public area before your appointment.
If you do happen to use any products in the area, make sure to wait at least 24 hours before your appointment so that the product can fully absorb into the skin.
3. Plan Your Outfit
You’ll want to wear the right outfit to your appointment. You’ll want something comfortable, breathable, and easy to wear. Skirts, lounge pants, and other types of loose-fitting clothes are all good options.
Avoid tight-fitting clothing, as it may irritate the skin after the waxing is done.
4. Chill Out
Brazilian waxing can be a little bit daunting, especially if it’s your first time. But remember, the aesthetician is there to help you through the process. So try to relax and enjoy it!
Here at Bare Necessity Wax & Spa, we use our own proprietary blend of hard wax that is gentle on the skin and helps to reduce pain and discomfort. We also use a combination of techniques that help to make the experience as comfortable as possible. So don’t worry; you’re in good hands!
5. Know that it Gets Better
We get that getting a Brazilian wax can be a bit nerve racking, but trust us, it gets better! The more times you get it done, the less painful it becomes. And after a few appointments, you’ll start to enjoy the feeling of being hair-free down there.
Most of the time, people leave our spa feeling refreshed and invigorated. So go ahead and book your appointment today! You won’t regret it!
Now that you know how to prepare for your first Brazilian wax let’s discuss what to do to care for the area after the appointment.
After Care for a Brazilian Wax
At Bare Necessity Wax & Spa, after every wax, we apply soothing aftercare products that will help to soften and nourish your skin so that you can leave feeling your best.
Once your Brazilian wax is done, you’ll want to take care of the area to ensure that it heals properly. Below are some tips on how to do this:
- Avoid sun exposure – The skin in the pubic area is more sensitive than other parts of the body, so it’s important to avoid sun exposure on the days after your wax.
- Avoid swimming – The chlorine in pools can be harsh on the skin and may cause irritation. Hot baths are a no-go as well, as hot water can be irritating. Stick to cool or warm showers for the first few days following your Brazilian wax.
- Keep your hands off – You’ll want to avoid touching the area as much as possible. This will help to avoid any irritation or infection.
- Use a cold compress – If you experience any discomfort or swelling after your appointment, a cold compress can help to soothe the area.
- Wait for sex – Give yourself about 24-48 hours before having sex post-wax. This will help to avoid any infection.
- Keep it Loose – Wearing tight clothing on the days after your appointment can cause irritation. So try to stick to loose-fitting clothes as much as possible.
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to consider using a soothing cream or lotion on the days after your appointment. This will help to keep the area hydrated and reduce any irritation.
Now that you know what to expect and how to prepare, your first Brazilian wax should be a breeze. Just remember to relax and take it easy—you’ll be hair-free in no time!
If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to contact us or book an appointment today!Don’t forget, first timers will receive 50% off any waxing service!